How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.