How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.